The Swing Shift Shuffle is a radio program of swing, big band, jazz, boogie woogie and other popular music from the 1930's and 40's that airs every Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (US Central Time) on WEVL 89.9 FM in Memphis, Tennessee, with a live webcast at wevl.org. In addition to the radio show, this blog is dedicated to all aspects of the Swing Era, including art, automobiles, cartoons, comics, history, movies, music, news, science, technology, and anything else that happened during that time. It also includes announcements about events in the Memphis/Mid-South area related to the Swing Era, such as classic movies, concerts, dances, lectures, etc. If you see something that fits the description, send it to me at tim@wevl.org. If you would like more information about the radio show, just go to the Radio Show FAQ page.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Song of the Day

Ever wake up with a song in your head?  I do - practically every day; and yes, most of the time it is something from the swing era.  I have started to notice this more often recently, and before I call the neurologist, I figured I might as well share it with you.  So, whenever I wake up with a song in my head, I'll post it as the "Song of the Day."  It may not be every day, and I may not always have a audio or video link, but if I can find one, I'll try to post it as well.   

This morning, it was "Hooray for Hollywood," from the 1937 Warner Bros. picture, Hollywood Hotel featuring Benny Goodman and his Orchestra.  Take it away, Benny.

No comments: